Below are 10 sacred Commandments designed to help you play a more solid, consistent and effective Ranked game. These are, of course, not strict rules so much as guidelines, but if you stick to these your game will likely improve.
- Thou shalt play thy best lancers.
- Don’t play stuff in ranked that you don’t have much experience on.
- Thou shalt not predict.
- Confirm the kill.
- Thou shalt not Cata.
- Don’t Cata before Turn 14.
- Thou shalt not clump.
- Do not stand on your teammate. I don’t care who locked in the move first. Do not stand on your teammate.
- Thou shalt not rope.
- Don’t run out of time on your turn, especially if that means you fail to take any action. If you can’t decide with 3 seconds left, I don’t know, shoot a primary at something.
- Thou shalt get value.
- Make sure your important cooldowns are likely to get good value. Better to hit a guaranteed 1-man ult than whiff a 2-man ult.
- Thou shalt not waste.
- Don’t heal a target that will die anyway that turn. (If you aren’t sure, don’t heal it.) Don’t damage a target that is already taking obvious guaranteed lethal. (If you aren’t sure, do confirm it.)
- Thou shalt not guess.
- If you don’t know where an enemy is, don’t guess unless you have nothing better to do. Don’t waste a cooldown. And sprinting is often a better play.
- Thou shalt not wimp out.
- Don’t dash away attempting to live on low health before turn 12 unless you have significant healing resources available.
- Thou shalt not die twice.
- Once is the number that thou shalt die. Two is too many. Three is right out. Once thou hast died once, thou shalt respawn somewhere VERY SAFE. Thou mayst then break the above rules as needed to avoid a second death.
1 thought on “The Tigg Commandments”
lmfao i love this