Happy Valentine’s Day! Before you ask, yes, I will be your Valentine. Please send all chocolate and flowers to Tiggarius#0932.
- Ranked has started for the season!
- Rank wins now award 40 Prestige Points and losses award 10.
- New Taunt for Vonn, Rampart and Brynn added for purchase in the collection for Prestige Points!
- Cloudspire has thawed.
- Mad Love has begun! Purchase Loot Matrix packs for bonus Mad Love Loot Matrixes. Keep an eye out for Alerts that award Mad Love Loot Matrixes.
- Mad Love skins will be available for direct Iso purchase after 2/26, until 3/5. An additional Variant for each Mad love skin added!
- Chapters 6 and 7 completion awards three Mad love Loot Matrixes!
- Every 10 levels after level 500 now award Legendary Loot Matrixes!
Cool, I like these changes. Especially the top one. RANKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
Now, thanks again to the marvelous LPFinale for providing the following analysis of differences from the PTS. So you can compare and contrast with my previous Torrid Take (which I understand Shyguy read! Thank you! It is clear that the most important suggestions were heeded, which is always a great sign).
I’ll provide some quick analysis IN ALL CAPS.
-Mod Adjustments Since PTS-
- Long Barrel removed. GOOD.
- Gremolitions, Inc.
- Triple Fun: Now reduces direct damage by 5 (17), from 6 (16). OK SURE. BLATM WILL STILL THINK THIS SUCKS. I THINK IT’S A DECENT CHANGE AND MAYBE THIS WILL SEE SOME PLAY.
- Longer Fuse and Longest Fuse removed. FOR THE BEST REALLY. SEEMS LIKE A POINT DUMP AND AN ANNOYANCE FOR OPPONENTS RATHER THAN A SKILLFUL THING.
- Watchful Eye removed. JUST AS WELL; STOCKADES IS A MUST-TAKE. WHETHER THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AT ANY POINT IS A FUTURE CONVERSATION, AND NOT SURE I HAVE A STRONG OPINION ON THAT.
- Wave of Steel: Damage bonus from subsequent shurikens reduced to 3 from 5; Energy is changed from 8 plus 2 per subsequent shuriken to 7 plus 1 per subsequent shuriken. REALLY DO NOT LIKE THIS CHANGE ACTUALLY. APPARENTLY THE ABILITY TO GET 35 DAMAGE ON ONE TARGET WAS NEVER REALLY INTENDED, WHICH IS GOOD BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE WAY TOO STRONG, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I THINK THIS MAKES THE MOD TOO WEAK. (NOT THAT KAIGIN NEEDS IT AND IT’S FUN-ISH AND ONE POINT SO IT’S FINE BUT STILL.) THERE IS NO WAY I AM PASSING UP 1 DAMAGE AND 2 ENERGY ON SINGLE TARGETS. ESPECIALLY THE ENERGY. IF THE ENERGY GAIN WERE THE SAME (9+1 PER SUBSEQUENT SHURIKEN) THEN IT WOULD BE OK.
- Frolic: Now gives 2 Energy per ally adjacent after pouncing. (Do correct me [LPFinale] if this was already the case; I don’t remember.) I HAVE NO IDEA.
- High Energy removed. COOL.
- Way of the Sword removed. ER, DIE BY THE SWORD? THE SHITTY ULT MOD THAT NOBODY WAS GOING TO TAKE ANYWAY? COOL.
- Bear Trap removed. THAT’S FINE. I DON’T KNOW IF IT WAS GOING TO BE PROBLEMATIC BUT MANY THOUGHT IT WAS TOO STRONG AND I DON’T THINK ZUKI NEEDED IT.
- Extra Nibbles removed. WOULD WE EVEN HAVE NOTICED IF IT WASN’T?
- Adaptation: Now heals for 20, down from 25. Now costs 2 points, down from 3. THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A BUFF TO THIS, AND I ALREADY KIND OF LIKED IT. I STILL LIKE IT. IT SEEMS STRONG BUT PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BREAK MAGNUS. I WILL BE EXCITED TO PLAY WITH IT.
- Brawl removed. GOOD. I DID NOT LIKE THIS MOD AND STILL DO NOT LIKE THIS MOD IDEA. WE DO NOT NEED MORE BORING MODS THAT JUST ADD DAMAGE AND STUFF.
- Phase Blade removed. EASILY THE BEST AND MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE. DAGGER ALREADY HAS RELATIVELY LITTLE COUNTERPLAY — IT NEEDS TO HAVE AT LEAST SOME COUNTERPLAY. GLAD THE DEVS REALIZED THIS ONE WAS WRONG.
- Wave of Light: Now knocks back 3 tiles, up from 1. (This may have always been the case and I [LPFinale] simply didn’t test it properly on the PTS, so take it with a grain of salt.) THIS SOUNDS AWESOME. I ALREADY LIKED THIS MOD CONCEPTUALLY AND AM NOW VERY EXCITED TO USE IT. GIVEN THAT IT IS AN ULTIMATE MOD, I AM NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT BALANCE ISSUES HERE, BUT IT WILL BE MORE FUN.
- Conquerer: Now costs 1 point, down from 2. I AM OK WITH THIS.
- Toad Style: Now requires 2 enemies to be hit, down from 3. THIS IS A GOOD CHANGE. I EVEN SAID “UM DID YOU MEAN 2 INSTEAD OF 3” AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE DEVS WERE LIKE “YES! WE UM TOTALLY DID MEAN 2.” I DON’T KNOW THAT THIS WILL MAKE THE MOD ALL THAT GOOD ANYWAY — HITTING 2 PEOPLE IS ALREADY KIND OF A LUXURY AND RARE IN COMPETITIVE PLAY — BUT IT’S A LITTLE LESS NAUSEATING AS A ONE-POINT OPTION AND MIGHT EVEN SEE SOME FUN USE IN PVP.
SEE YOU GUYS IN RANKED!